Sunday, January 31, 2016

Jeffree Star cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Celebrity Skin

I finally purchased my very first Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick! I got it from Beautylish, and in the shade Celebrity Skin. This retails for $18, and it's also available on Jeffree Star Cosmetic's website. I love that his line is paraben free, gluten free, and cruelty free/vegan. The formula is quite thin like the Kat Von D liquid lipstick, but slicker/slightly more oily than KVD and ColourPop. It dries to a completely matte finish, but not as cement dry as the ColourPop does. It's very similar to KVD, but it contains a bit less product. This has 0.19fl.oz of product, and KVD has 0.22fl.oz but priced at $20. You do need to give this a good shake before applying since the formula tends to separate after a while. KVD and OCC lip tars do the same if you let them sit there for a while. 

I have no problem wearing this on my lips for hours because it's very weightless and comfortable. Since it's a nude shade, I can get away with not touching it up even after a meal. Yes, Chinese takeout, honey! (did I just go there?) Anyways, not much came off from eating oily food and wiping my mouth. Just the inner center portion got rubbed off a bit. Also, preparing a blank and smooth canvas is crucial and key to a long lasting lip color. This applies to any lip colors. It's so important to exfoliate the lips(JS has his own sugar lip scrubs now with awesome flavors), moisturize/hydrate them, let them good old moisture to sink into the lips first. Do the rest of your makeup or whatnot, and come back to blot away the excess remaining lip balm/oil on your lips. Then that's when you apply the liquid lipstick or any lip color, and that will help to make the color stays put all day long. I wanted to fully experience this beautiful shade so I did the whole shebang, and gurl, did this last all day long on me! (I think my inner drag is slowly coming out as I'm writing this blog post. I watched way too much Drag Race and hung out with way too many LGBTs in my younger years.) 

The packaging is gorgeous! I used to love pink when I was little, but eventually grew out of it, and this somehow brought me back to the pink phase. It's a solid acrylic tube that is clear on the lower portion so the liquid lipstick shade shows through. The band and the cap are in his signature bright pink color with rose gold stars all around it. Of course the lettering are in rose gold as well. It's very Fancy looking:) It screams glam and diva to me:D I appreciate someone with a bold character who is super confident and knows what they want! Jeffree Star is definitely one of those people, and I love how he brings his personality into life with his cosmetic line. 
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Celebrity Skin is a soft brown nude with a peachy undertone - everyones "go-to" fav! 

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick goes on opaque, dries completely matte and stays on for hours! This product is 100% vegan & cruelty-free! 

Tip before use: Exfoliate then apply to bare lips! Avoid food with oil. 
Paraben-free. Gluten-free. 

0.19 oz
Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850:1), Red 30 Lake (Cl 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 28 Lake (Cl 45410)
This shade is THE perfect nude for my skintone. It's a soft warm peachy brownish nude. I have few other liquid lipsticks to compare with this particular shade, but none of them are exactly like this. I do believe I've found my perfect ultimate nude liquid lipstick, or actually lip color in general. It's quite similar to my natural lips because my lips aren't that pigmented any way, but since this is a bit on the warmer side, it brings a bit of life to my face without overpowering anything else.

I LOVE the applicator on this product! It's so plush and soft. It's literally hugging my lips as I apply it. It's a little bit on the "chubby" side so I definitely find myself overdraw my lips easily. 
Initial application
Once it's dried. This does have some drying time which is great for you to perfect the edges and your lip shape.
Since his line of liquid lipstick is very popular, the shades tend to sell out often so there's often a wait period on these babies. I have been wanting to try his formula just to see what's all the rave is about. After seeing how beautiful the packaging, the formula, and the applicator is, I fell in love with this. Since this color is very flesh toned, I feel like I can get away from overdraw my lips without feeling like a clown. For some reason, it makes me look like I had lip injection. Not that I want that kind of look, but when you find the perfect nude, and as you cheat outside of your natural lip lines a little bit, you can achieve that Kylie Jenner looking lips without the actual injections. This does that without even using a lip liner. Like any light colored lip products, it does accentuate the textures of my lips. Some did separate a bit where the vertical lines from my lips. However, this shade is so forgiving that you hardly notice them. I do think it's better to stretch out your lips as you apply this and wait for it to dry to avoid those separations in lip lines if you have a darker shade. 
Overall, I love this liquid lipstick from Jeffree Star cosmetics, and I highly recommend picking out a shade which you know you will wear a lot if you want to give this a try. If you happen to fall in love with it like I do, you can always pick up more shades. Now he does release some limited edition ones, so only get those if you love the colors or you love the liquid lipstick. I can't wait for his Androgyny to release as a permanent shade, and I will post a separate blog for that shade once I get my hands on it. Right now, I'm going to enjoy this baby all to myself:)

No comments:

Post a Comment