Monday, January 4, 2016

Julep Skip the Brush creme to powder blush stick in Desert Rose

I received this blush stick in Julep's end of the year 2015 mystery box. This retails for $24 on Julep.com, but if you are a maven(julep's monthly subscription box subscriber), it's only $19.20

It contains 0.21oz/6g of product which is decent for a blush. There are four shades in total, and I got Desert Rose which is the one I've been eyeballing for a while. I'm really glad that I got this shade because it's beautiful!


This product is so easy to blend whether with fingertips or brush. I tried both as well as a beauty blender, all worked really well. The pearlescent finish is very subtle in this particular shade, and because of its rich deep tone, I like to use this as a contour shade.
The packaging is very simple and sleek like all Julep products. This form of chubby stick is convenient for on-the-go application, and great for travel/touch-ups.



It's almost metallic looking once swatches heavily on the back of my hand. It is a rich and strong reddish/coppery rose gold color. It might even work on the eyelids for a wash of metallic sheen.

However, once it's blended out, it becomes so much softer and diffused. It may sound weird to use this shade as a contour shade, but it really works. Try to blend it upwards towards the apples of the cheeks so that the color becomes an all in one blush/bronzer/contour on the face. It's so fast and easy. I normally don't contour for everyday, but now I can achieve everything in few seconds with this blush stick. The other three shades are peachy/coral, pink, and sand beige highlight. Julep calls this a one stick wonder that can blush, bronze, sculpt, and highlight. I couldn't agree more!

No comments:

Post a Comment