Saturday, January 2, 2016

New wet n' wild 1 step wonder gel nail polish

The new Wet n wild 1 step wonder gel nail polish is supposed to be a one step gel polish that doesn't require uv light, and provides shine with long wearing power of a regular gel polish. I think I got mine for $3.99 and a dollar instant coupon saving at CVS.


Stay classy is a beautiful soft pink mauve color. The bottle is not the usual clear one like the regular Wet n' Wild ones, but the colors are pretty accurate as the sticker labels. 

One coat is opaque enough and provides a softer wash of the color. I personally prefer this shade because it's more pink. With two coats, I feel like the color pulls a bit more grayish and mauve on me. 



Two coats



I like how easy this polish applies. It doesn't leave any streaks and the brush is wide enough to coat my entire nail bed in two swipes. The finish is quite natural and shiny. I skipped base and top coat just to test out the longevity of this. I love the shade, and it's a really pretty everyday neutral color. I have only had this on for a day, but I washed dishes, took shower, etc. None has chipped, and I will update once I have this on for a week. 
Update: so this is how my nail polish look now after wearing it for 5 days. Like I mentioned, I didn't put any base coat and top coat. I've done washing dishes, cooking, cleaning, showering, working, etc. I think this is not that bad. Mostly worn around the tips but not super noticeable. My nails have grown so I have to cut them and I will be taking this off to apply fresh coat for the rest of the week. I've had polishes that chipped right after one day wear, and chunks came off so I'm pretty pleased with this considering just wearing them alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment