Sunday, September 9, 2012

Urban Decay Smoked Palette


The Urban Decay new Smoked palette: $49 from www.Sephora.com
Comes with deluxe sample size UD primer potion, full size 24/7 eyeliner in Perversion, 10 eyeshadows ranges from neutral matte to dark shimmery metallic, and a how-to look book featuring thorough guidelines of different looks.







 Top swatches without UD primer potion, and lower swatches with UD primer potion. The matte shadows in this palette are powdery and have more fallouts, whereas the metallics are my favorite. I think the neutral mattes are great transitional and highlighting colors, and the dark mattes are great for defining and darkening. I love the perversion eyeliner which I did not swatch and show here, but it's very smooth and inky. However, the staying power is not quite as long as what everyone else says. I still experience smudges and bleeding from my waterline with this eyeliner. I do love the fact that the palette is a great deal consisting these beautiful jewel toned metallic shadows (the ones on the bottom row) and the full size eyeliner. I think the palette packaging itself is a lot better than Naked and Naked2 since it's smaller and fabric cover with zipper closure. It's as small as a clutch/checkbook wallet size and the black fabric case feels quite nice. I do recommend this palette if you do not own Naked and Naked2 but loves dark smokey eye looks! 

 All the rest of the swatches were done without UD primer potion. 











No comments:

Post a Comment