Sunday, September 9, 2012

NYX sets from Hautelook

I purchased these NYX products from Hautelook's sale. You can sign up for free at www.hautelook.com, and they have lots sales everyday with different brands range from fashion to beauty to hair to home to kitchen. They usually have good deals on beauty items. I used to shop at Beyondtherack.com, but once I learned about Hautelook having more beauty related sale items, I switched to Hautelook more often now. I've purchased lots things from Hautelook, and most items are returnable/refundable. I love how they put up sets with great sale prices such as this NYX sale. I got most of them as sets, and I also did giveaway on the Haute Jersey palette (not featured here). You can also purchase NYX products on ULTA.com, Amazon.com, and as well as NYX.com. 


These glitter cream pallets are more convenient than loose glitters since it's adhesive without having to use a primer/base/mixing media. However, they can be a little greasy and crease easily. I don't even think with additional primer/base underneath these would help. Still, they are fun to play with, and I think it's better to use these on face/lips/body instead of eyelids if creasing is a major problem. I do love the vivid color ranges of these pallets and the fact that they are spill proof.







This glitter liner came with the glitter set, and it's in a very nice sparkly silver. The application is a thin brush tip, and it deposits good amount of liquid glitters, but it can get a little bit clumpy.





The glitter on the go contains lots loose glitters, and this one also came in the glitter set from Hautelook NYX sale event. I like the holographic effect and I believe you can use this on nails as well. I got another one from the IMATS in NYC, and I just really like them because they are inexpensive and you get 6g of glitters.




The glitter gel is designed for face, body, and hair. It's in a gel consistence which goes on quite smooth and spreads evenly. I don't know if I would use it in my hair because it's hard enough to get glitters off skin/face, and it will be a real pain in the ass to get them off your hair! This color is pretty because it has pink and green glitters in a cloudy colored gel base. It gives an iridescent cast that's fairy like. I think this can be great to use for fairy/fantasy makeup looks.




I love these roll on shimmers! They are mess free and convenient! Super pigmented and smooth! The roller ball applicator is great and doesn't clump up. These came in a set with the liners down below and I just love the colors. They are very sea inspired. The swatches were done without any primer/base and just one swipe deposit vivd colors. 






NYX has great eyeliners that are super pigmented and creamy! They are blend-able but also sets waterproof. 






 I don't have the other products from the "haul" swatched, but you can see them from the video!



No comments:

Post a Comment