Sunday, September 9, 2012

GDE April Jar - Hippy Party Girl

This April jar color was created by Cosmeticcouturier! She has a YouTube channel as well as a blog. She features lots useful informations on Cruelty-free and Vegan beauty products. I started watching her channel about more than a year ago, and fell in love with her many creative colorful smokey makeup tutorials. I personally think she is gorgeous and also helpful. I found many great products through her videos, and I highly recommend people to check out her channel and blog. This color is called Hippy Party Girl, and it's a Vegan eyeshadow with matte and shimmer. The blue color is so vibrant with and without primer/base. I've done a tutorial featuring this color and received great feedback on this color. I don't think if it's still available on glamourdolleyes.com since it's a monthly color, but she did create another permanent color (Going Green) from the permanent Bloggers' Collection. I purchased the full size jar of this shadow, and it came with a sample size of the new Vegan Control Freak eye primer. 



 I think this primer is good for it's velvety texture, but a little bit is enough otherwise the shadows tend to crease on my eyelids. I do have oily eyelids, and it just seems that shadows either crease or disappear after midday. This primer helps the pigments come off more vibrant and the staying power is great as long as I use sparingly. 




Top swatch was on top of GDE control freak eye primer, and lower swatch was without the primer. As you can see, the one with primer is a little bit brighter, but the shadow on it's own still deposits great amount of pigmentation. I love the matte blue with the blue shimmer. This color is fun, sparkly, happy, and great for the summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment