Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Few Sephora Sale products

I bought some sale items from Sephora, and I uploaded a "haul" video about it on YouTube which you can check it out. Here are just few of the items I got, and they are such bargains!


This eyeliner was on sale for $3!!! It's Sephora's brand, and it's super pigmented. The texture is creamy and easy to blend. I believe this came out with Pantone color of the year collection. It is called Sunburst. It's surprising and refreshing to see a bright orange eyeliner because lots people are afraid to use orange on their face. Thanks to Pantone picking orange as color of the year and Sephora promoting it, we are seeing lots orange and corals on people such as lipstick and blush. However, it's still rare to see people wear orange on the eyes because it's such a bold color, but I personally a Huge fan of orange:) I love how this is a true orange color, and that it adds a pop of color on the lid close to the lash line just as fun as wearing blue or purple or green! I have yet to use this in a tutorial, and I can't wait to make one to show you how you can easily take this summery color into the Fall!



Sephora also came out with it's prisma chrome eyeshadow collection. When I saw those online, I wanted to try them so badly mainly because they remind me of L'Oreal infallable eyeshadows. I got this on sale for $5! The original price was $12 I believe. The most popular shade is moonbean which is the powder version of Benefit's highbean highlighter. I know lots people bought that color eyeshadow so that they can use it to either highlight their brows, inner corners of the eye, and as well as on the cheekbones. There are also some really beautiful bronze/copper/plum/blue/brown/black colors in this line, but unfortunately they were sold out when I was purchasing these. I only got to try this shade which is called Gold Reflection #20. Well, as you can see from the compact and swatch that this is rather a bright yellow gold, and it leans much more toward the yellow side. Personally I am disappointed with this eyeshadow. It looks so beautiful in the compact, and the wave like molding looks a lot like the extremely popular M.A.C. highlighting powders (totally forgot what they are called). I've never tried the M.A.C. ones because they were completely sold out and limited editions just like most of their products are. I believe they must go on very shimmery and beautiful and velvet. This eyeshadow is terrible. I had to apply so many times in order to get that swatch, and I used my finger! Imagine if I'm using a brush, I won't be able to pick anything up:/ Although it looks really pretty, the payoff is just not there at all. I don't even care that it was on sale for $5. Wet n' Wild eyeshadows are $4.99 a palette for 8 shadows, and all of them are super pigmented and beautiful despite the packaging. This is such a fail for Sephora!





 The next two items I purchased that were on sale were the tokidoki products. I am only going to show you the swatches and review on the palette, and I will do a separate blog post on the nail color. This palette was $10, and I got it for $5. I believe it's still on sale at Sephora.com along with two other tokidoki palettes. I only got this because it's called Lion Pappa, and I am a Leo. I didn't really care for this palette besides the name, cute illustration, and the gold color. However, after using this on a quick outdoor shoot on a fair skin red hair model, I completely fell in love with it. I know the colors are fairly neutral and simple, but that gold really changes everything. It completely transform the neutral shadows in the palette. The swatch I have here is not doing this palette justice, but I have done tutorial using this palette. The gold color, unlike the gold color on top from Sephora, it's more of an olive green gold. It's a little bit antique and a little bit olive toned. These colors compliment each other so wonderful, and that gold adds so much punch and character to the neutral look. The matte taupe color and the dark brown can be a bit powdery and have some fallouts. Other than that, they apply very smoothly and have decent pigmentation. Now the blush in this palette is also great! It's a peachy pink with subtle golden shimmer. It's almost like the Benefit Bella Bomba but with more peachy color. It gives skin a nice flesh of healthy glow and color. I love how small this palette is, but packs the most useful colors for everyday as well as glamour evening. All you need to do is to intensify with the darker shades, add that pop of gold on the center lids or inner corners, and deepen up that blush. You will be ready for a night out:)







No comments:

Post a Comment