Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Revlon lip butter in 015 Tutti Frutti

Since everyone on YouTube has been rave about this particular lip product, and I've purchased and reviewed the maybelline baby lip balms, I thought I should try this and do a comparison. The swatch on my hand took only one swipe! You can tell that it's packed with color but also has sheerness and glossiness to it. Unlike the baby lip balms from maybelline, Revlon lip butter feels a bit heavier on the lips and I can almost say that the application and the consistency is similar to the eos organic egg shaped lip balms. The baby lips are a bit greasy and also too sheer. Maybelline baby lips are similar to YSL sheer lip sticks but way cheaper. I got my Revlon lip butter at Walgreen for $7.49, and price may vary depending on where you get it. I wanted to try one before I go ahead and buy whole bunch of them despite YouTube favoring this product. After all, everyone is different, just because others think its great, I may not. It's still good to pick a favorite color or maybe something you wear more often and invest money in that color to try and see if you like it. I like the baby lips but since my lips are very dry and chapped most of the time, I didn't find them that hydrating. However, thanks to Grace from Cosmeticcouturier recommending the lush lip scrub, I've been having better conditioned lips using that in addition to eos lip balm and rose salve at night. The reason why I opted for this orange shade is because I wanted to try something different for the new year. I usually gravitate toward reds and berry color lipstick, but orange is one of my favorite color, and it is hard to find a good orange lipstick that compliment anyone's skin tone. I have something bolder orange from Revlon that I purchased last year and I loved it. I didn't want to spend a fortune on another YSL sheer lip products so I decided to see just how well this Revlon orange lip butter shade is. Overall, I like this product because of the rich moisturizing feel on the lips even though I don't think my lip condition improved from wearing it since once it wears off my lips feels dry again. I do love the color payoff of this lip butter and I will probably go purchase a deep berry color. I noticed a lot of YouTube gurus recommend the peach parfait shade. It does look great on them, but I was surprised to see the actual tube color is very different from the videos. It looks rather tan and has some shimmer. It's not an appealing color in the tube at all, and given that the top of the package is clear so you can see the actual color. I decided not to get it because I might not like it, and chances are I won't like it that much. You can definitely feel that you are wearing something on your lips, and if that bothers you, try the baby lips because once its on it's do sheer and light weight. Again, this Revlon one is a lip butter so it's like body butter that the consistency is a bit thicker. Like I said, if you want to try this pick a color that you like and wears more often so that you can compare with your other lip products and see how you like it. Hope this helps:)


No comments:

Post a Comment