Monday, January 30, 2012

Maybelline 24hrs Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in 40 Tenacious Teal


Retail at Target: $7.49

Same price as the Dream Bouncy Blush, but this product worths every penny.

I only picked up one because I just want to test drive first before I go crazy purchasing whole bunch of color. They do offer a good range of brights, darks, and neutrals. It is very hard to believe that a cream shadow can truly stand up to 24 hours test. Perhaps a waterproof formula cream liner might do, but a cream shadow? Well, this particular cream eyeshadow does not say waterproof on it like the Sephora waterproof cream liners that I purchased a while ago that I tend to use it as a shadow/base as well. The staying power on the Sephora one is amazing, but it is waterproof formula. This Maybelline 24hrs Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow is no difference to any other cream shadows, but what makes it stay on for so long? I would think that the formula has to be somewhat similar to the waterproof products. The difference is that this product goes on super smooth, and it allows plenty of time to blend (unlike the waterproof cream products which tend to settle in pretty quick).

I picked up this color because it is a bright teal, and of course there is another aqua color which is also beautiful. The color is true to what you see from the packaging. The packaging on this product is very similar to cream eyeliners. It is small, compact, and light. You get 4g of product which is fairly a good value. It applies evenly and smoothly with either figure tips, synthetic brushes, or regular brushes.
From the swatch you can see with only one swipe, this color goes on vivid and pigmented. It even gives a gorgeous sheen under the light, so I can say it is also a bit metallic. I love the name, and I like how the product wears on my eyelid. I applied it with a synthetic angled brush on my eyelid as a thick winged eyeliner without any base underneath. It stayed on without creasing/fading from 11am to 11pm. I have yet to find another cream shadow that stays all day without primer/base such as this one. I cannot wait to go back and pick up more color. The ones I have in mind are the orange and the deep purple. This is a great product to be wore alone or as a base.

No comments:

Post a Comment