Sunday, January 22, 2012

L'Oreal 24hrs infallible eyeshadow in 892 Amber Rush

The whole idea of having another lid on top of the eyeshadow inside the outer lid is similar to gel liners. I guess because this is almost a pressed loose pigment, having to seal another layer prevent the eyeshadow from drying out. I think it's a bit complicated as far as getting straight to the product because now you have to open two tops in order to use the shadow. It is retailed at Duane Reade for $8.49 which is in the range of most L'Oreal products, but I consider it still pricy for a drugstore product. However, the pigmentation is right there with only one swipe. This particular shade casts a nice shimmer in the light and also deposits a rich, true to color result to the back of the package. Basically, what you see on the back where the color shows is what you will get from the eyeshadow itself.




I think L'Oreal came out with this product mainly to push the newest formula of eyeshadows to the general public without us breaking out wallets if we opt for the Chanel or Giorgio Armani (more high-end) eyeshadows that came out last year. Lately, I have to admit that drugstores are really trying to match up with the high-end products with a more reasonable price point. As far as formula goes, this product goes on ultra smooth and silky. I suggest using your finger tips to tap on the shadow, or use a stiff synthetic flat brush for application that is vibrant, compact, and shimmery. Even though I love this product and I love L'Oreal, I would not purchase another one because I'm sure I can find cheaper dupe and cruelty free/vegan product that is even better.




No comments:

Post a Comment