Monday, January 30, 2012

Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush in 15 Rose Petal


Retail at Target: $7.49

I only picked up one shade from this new blush collection from Maybelline New York, and I am glad I did. This blush is bad. Talk about innovation to a brand new system of blush application/product. There were several other brands had similar application blushes that came out last year, and some of them were great. One particular blush product that is similar to this one is the E.L.F. Studio blush. Talking about price difference, the E.L.F. one costs only $3, and it lasts forever! This Maybelline blush costs way more, and it contains 5.6g of products. With the low pigmentation this product gives, 5.6g of products means nothing at all.

with loads and loads of pressing and applying of this blush, I only got a slight, very faint color pay-off. As you can see from the swatch on the back of my hand, it barely shows up any color. I don't even think it depends on how hard you press into this product. With the E.L.F. studio blush I purchased last year, it gave me great color from one press, and it still made me look like I'm naturally flushed. That is a good sheer, soft, airy blush result you want from this type of newly designed blushes. However, Maybelline failed with this blush. I was not a big fan of their Dream Mousse blush back then, but compare to this, I believe the Dream Mousse blushes are way better than this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment