Thursday, March 5, 2015

Amy Lee inspired soft smokey purple makeup look


I was requested to do a look that's inspired by the musician, Amy Lee. After researching whole bunch of photos of her, I decided to "recreate" this particular look. I noticed she wears mostly soft smokey eye makeup with a bit of shimmer which gives a more romantic and pretty spin on the typical edgy, rock n' roll look. I think it's very pretty, and purple looks great on everyone with every eye color so I chose this one instead. Amy Lee has a beautiful voice, and she used to be the front singer of the band, Evanescence. A very popular hit song, "Bring me to life", from their first album "Fallen", rocked top of the chart in the early 2000.


I remember staying up late at night watching VH1's insomnia music video marathons at 3am:) Those were the days! One of my favorite was "My Immortal" because it's soft, and really showcased Amy Lee's voice.

I just remembered hearing songs from this album over the radio during that time, and it was a refreshing mix on rock especially when most 90's rock bands were mostly males. Her voice was so different and very clean which puts a more delicate and prettier spin on rock/alternative rock music. You can read more about her bio and check out her website here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Lee
http://www.amyleeofficial.com/

Going back to her makeup look here, and I wanted to point out few things about her makeup. I also mentioned in my video that she tends to have a rather softer smokey look around her eyes. Nothing very harsh except in music videos. It's easily to achieve a much darker look with a black kohl pencil or black liner. She also takes her shadows a lot more farther down on the lower lash line. Most of her daytime/neutral looks involve either purple/brown eyeliner in the inner rims, or nothing at all. A soft wash of purple with a little shimmer and some mascara are the staples to her regular looks. At least that's what I noticed in most pictures. This picture is probably for a red carpet or some event where her eyeliners are a bit darker than normal, which I thought is a nice combination of both edgy and pretty purple smokey look.

I hope you enjoy this Amy Lee inspired makeup look:)

No comments:

Post a Comment