Friday, December 14, 2012

The Face Shop Petit I Cheek Stick - 02 Coral Pong Pong

The Face Shop Petit I Cheek Stick in 02 Coral Pong Pong
Retail $12




I saw this at the Face Shop in Chinatown, New York, and I had to get one because of the Matryoshka doll package. I am a sucker for cute packaging, and I am obsessed with anything Matryoshka:) I've heard about The Face Shop from Ebay, Amazon, and YouTube, but I have never seen a store here in New York. I believe this is a newly opened store which carries all Korean skincare/makeup products. The store is very bright and clean. The staff are all Chinese, hence the location is in Chinatown. They were pretty helpful with all the items they carry in the store. I was drawn immediately by these blush sticks. I have never tried any of the products by this brand, but there were lots cute packaging items in the store. I was a little overwhelmed by everything, but as you can see they all have English prints on the packages for easier choices. This blush stick comes in three different shades. One is baby pink, this one is peachy coral, and there is another one that's like a highlighter shade/bronzy color. I decided to buy the coral one because I love orange shades, and it was in the summer when I purchased this. I thought it's more appropriate to choose this shade. Of course the other two shades were really soft and pretty as well. 




This blush stick is not meant to be super pigmented. It supposed to leave a soft flush of color on the cheeks. I love the texture of this blush because it's almost like cream-to-powder finish. It's not oily, caky, and blends really well. The stick form is very convenient application. I just swipe on my cheek twice, and blend out the color with my fingers. It gives me a really natural flush, and enhances my complexion at the same time. These item can be pricey compared to drugstore makeup but Korean skincare products are pretty nice. I sure love their BB cream! I am totally in love with this blush stick, whether it's the packaging or the color. I think it's worth the splurge, and a little goes a long way. Even after finish using this, the little Matryoshka doll will still look super cute on my desk as a decoration!


No comments:

Post a Comment