Saturday, December 15, 2012

1st Sugarpill purchase

I placed my very 1st order from Sugarpill in the Fall 2012 around Halloween. I was super excited to receive these in the mail since I heard so much good things about this cosmetic brand from YouTube. I was so impressed with the adorable packages as you can see from the pictures below. Everything were safely wrapped in hot pink tissue paper and same colored boxes with cute designs. 


I got these two pairs of lashes since they were on sale for $8 each, and majority of the cool lashes were sold out by that time. These were the only dramatic ones I could get from the website, but I love these. 



This pair has individual cluster of lashes on a single lash band with tiny silver sequins underneath the lash strands. I thought that is a very neat touch because you eyes will shine each time you blink as the lashes usually curl up. It makes more sense to have the bling underneath than on top. This lash also fans out from shortest on the inner corner to longest outer corner so it will give you a nice flare.


This pair of lash is more dramatic because of the fullness of the lashes and also the different length throughout the whole strip. It also flares out on the outer corner, and this is quite long but not heavy at all. 


These lashes might be a bit more expensive even when it's on sale, but they are well made and durable. If you take care of them, they will last for couple of usages. I know that Myshadowisodd from YouTube uses these lashes a lot in her tutorials, and she reuses them all the time. As I said, these are light weight and the lash band is not stiff so you can definitely work with them.







 I decided to make Goldilux my very first Sugarpill loose eyeshadow purchase because of the rave from YouTube community. I love that Sugarpill fills up their 5g jars, and that is why each loose pigment costs $12. However, the shadows are gorgeous, smooth, blend-able, pigmented, and even more beautiful when applied wet/foiled. It is totally worth every penny since you do get the full size 5g of product.






These are the pressed eyeshadows which sell $12 each and they contain 4g of product which is a bit less than the loose pigments. However, these are beautiful and pigmented pressed matte eyeshadows. I think the reason why Sugarpill is so loved and popular within the YouTube community is because of their matte eyeshadows. It is very difficult to come across a well pressed, pigmented, and smooth application matte eyeshadow. Sugarpill certainly nailed this. The black color is called Bulletproof and it is super black which I think it is very essential to have for creating smokey eyes as well as darkening the crease. The white color is called Tako, and it is a little bit chalky compared to the rest matte, but is still decent and workable. One of their four pan palettes include Tako, but none of them include Bulletproof, and that is why I decided to get both individually. These are well packaged, and nest in a light container. I haven't had any problems of them breaking or shatter.



One of the three Sugarpill 4 pan pressed matte eyeshadow palettes, and this is called Burning Heart. The full price for this is $34 which is a lot cheaper than buying these four individually which will cost $48. It's a great value, and each pressed shadow is full sized 4g product.





I decided to get this palette as my very 1st Sugarpill 4 pan palette because I was in search of a great matte red eyeshadow. I've been eyeing this palette for almost a year, and finally got it. These palettes are usually very popular and sell out from time to time. However, they are in the permanent collection so you don't have to worry about not being able to purchase them ever again. After seeing this in person, I was confirmed that I had made the right choice of purchasing this palette. The colors are just amazing in person and after swatches. I like the fact that these colors' names are printed on the back of the palette. Since the package is light, sleek, and cute, I don't know why would anyone depot these. The packaging on this is all made with thick cardboard paper so the shadows are nicely cradled inside. 


I love the size and shape of the mirror inside the palette, and the ability of folding the top lid complete to the back of the four eyeshadows makes it even more convenient for filming without blinding the viewers' eyes.


Flamepoint - Matte warm orange
Buttercupcake - Matte warm yellow


Love+ - Matte true red
Poison Plum - Matte plum purple with very slight purple shimmer but doesn't show up once swatch. 


These were swatches without any base nor primer underneath, and they are very pigmented and vibrant!


Little goodies that came with the order!



The glittery and sparkling Sugarpill Cosmetics logo sticker which I adore!


The beautiful business card!


Another gorgeous company collection ad!


Sugarpill always include one of their loose eyeshadow sample with any order, and I like this idea because I get to try something else and can help me decide which color to get for my next purchase.




Junebug is a beautiful shimmery forest green. I did not swatch this because it's stapled with the tag, and I know that after swatching Goldilux, what you see from the color is what you literally get on the skin. Did I mention Sugarpill is all Vegan and Cruelty Free?! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment