Monday, December 17, 2012

Fyrinnae Cosmetics

Fyrinnae Cosmetics 
http://www.fyrinnae.com




This is my very first Fyrinnae cosmetics haul. I heard about this brand from Cosmeticcouturier from one of her YouTube tutorial. She also suggested this company along with Morgana Cryptonia when I asked her about certain vegan/cruelty-free brand golden brown eyeshadows through Facebook. She is very helpful and provided brands as well as the shades that I was looking for! That's why I love watching her videos so much because I've learned so much about indie cosmetics companies and vegan/cruelty-free products ever since I started watching her videos about two years ago. You can visit her blog as well as subscribing to her channel on YouTube with her user name Cosmeticcouturier!




I love this company because everything is neatly packed, well sorted, mess-free, minimum packaging, and I love the iridescent/duo-chrome wrapping paper. It just reminds me of fairies and unicorn for some reason:) Everything comes stuffed inside the lime green paper bag with the logo. It is refreshing and makes me excited to unwrap each one of them.


I love indie companies because they allow you to purchase sample sized products! This way, you get to try out the shades and products before deciding which full size to get for your future purchase. Here, I bought all sample sized products range from blushes, eyeshadows, glitters, to setting powder. They are very inexpensive but have great qualities! Each sample sized jars come with 1/4 tsp of product in jar that costs about $2.25 with the exception of face powder for $1.50, and blush sample for $1.75.


The pressed eyeshadows do not have sample sizes mainly probably because majority of them were based on existing loose mineral eyeshadows. The lip lustres are sort of like liquid lipstick but have a consistency of the NYX matte lip cream. They have sample sized lip lustres but when I purchased these, sample products were all sold out. I do not regret for buying full sizes because they are only $7.00 each and extremely pigmented! I also got a sample sized glitter glue/base/primer called Pixie Epoxy, and it's $2.00. The full size of it costs $7.00 which is the same size and price as the lip lustres.




 The three lip lustres I got from top to bottom are: Sweetest Poison - true shimmery red, Narwhal Nuzzles - vibrant shimmery turquoise, and Pierced - deep sparkly pewter. These are creamy, non-sticky, smooth, satiny, color saturated, and dry to a semi-matte finish. They last really long and very comfortable on the lips. They all smell like cake:D




 I am totally in love with this pressed eyeshadow, Immortality, when I received it in the mail. I had no idea that the pressed eyeshadow can pack so much multi-shimmer/sparkles with such great quality! I was literally speechless when I saw this shade. It is truly beautiful. I've worked with many different sparkly/shimmery shadows from pressed to loose, and from high end to indie, but this one is by far the best. It's swatch look just like what you see from the pan, and it is a matte soft black eyeshadow packed with so much purple, blue, pink, gold, and green shimmer/sparkles. The best thing about them is that they actually show up once applied. Unlike some of the other pressed eyeshadows that look sparkly in the pan but do not show up once swatch, this is just a heavenly shade! The pressed eyeshadows are a little bit more expensive, and cost $8.25 each but packed with 2g of products. Since they suggest using a primer underneath these pressed eyeshadows (they claim these are a bit sheer compared to the loose ones), these are build-able and already pigmented on their own. The texture on this is so smooth, and you don't feel those sparkles on your lids at all. I even applied these over my eyeliners on my waterline and had no problem with irritation. I love layering this shadow on top of a black gel liner to make the regular black winged/cat eyes more interesting and glamourous! I love the lightweight semi satin-matte silver plastic window compact. Like I said, all the products are packaged with minimum packaging and super convenient for travel. I am not sure whether these pressed shadows can be de-potted, but I believe you can if you really want to.







2 sample blushes I chose: Seduce - lilac/cool mauve, and Temptation - deep plum with hint of shimmer.





Pixie Epoxy - a base for glitters, loose mineral eyeshadows, and similar to Glamourdolleyes' foil me.
This is a sample size product $1.00
It comes in a lipgloss like tube with standard lipgloss applicator.


Sample sized loose eyeshadows.
1st one is Dinosaur Plushie - multi-colored sparkles which change color under lights or on top of different eyeshadows. I personally categorize this one with the fine shimmer/glitters.




 Picture It: Sicily - bright coral with slight golden shimmer.






Freya - warm purple shimmer on matte black.




Herbivore - satiny lavender with light green highlight.





Bonfire Spirits - warm red and green shimmers on matte medium brown.




Calavera Cupcakes - silvery shimmery grey. (discontinued/limited edition?)




Electro-Koi - vibrant orange with orange sparkles.




Mischievous Sidhe - semi-metallic glittery gold.




Tyr - yellow-green highlights on opaque black base (black hardly shows up), and almost duo-chrome.





Dokkalfar - pale green/golden lime sparkles on matte black.





Candy Coated - sparkling deep crimson red.




PumpkinFire - shimmery coppery orange sparkles on matte black.





Finishing Powder: Oil Control - white looking loose powder but sheer and transparent after applied, and similar to Pumpkin & Poppy Oil Absorbing Mineral Veil made with rice powder. This powder only contains matte mica, kaolin (natural oil absorbing agent), and zinc oxide (sunscreen?). The sample size costs $1.50, but the full size of 12g costs only $5.50 and it's definitely a great value.


My overall thoughts and impression about this brand are very positive. I think this brand needs more recognition from the bloggers as well as YouTube gurus. The shipping was fairly quickly, and the shadows, blushes, face powders, and lip products are all very comparable to high end products and other more famous indie brands. I highly recommend this brand to whoever that are into sparkles, shimmers, metallic, vibrant colors, vegan, and cruelty-free makeup!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment