Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Black Radiance limited edition Argon Oil Tinted Balms

I saw these at my local Rite Aid out of a whim. They were displayed as limited edition with three shades in total. I picked up the following two because the third one is a pale nude color which probably won't give me much color. These are $2.99 each! They reminded me a lot of the Wet n' Wild lip tint crayons that I love. Same price, but these are supposed to be infused with argan oil, and tinted lip balms. I knew the colors would be somewhat sheer because that's what tinted balm is. Hence, these don't leave a stain behind, and do wear off pretty fast so be prepared to re-apply more often. I don't mind because they feel so comfortable. I usually like Black Radiance products a lot because they are cruelty-free, drugstore affordable price, and very similar to Wet n' Wild but geared toward deeper skin toned consumers. I don't discriminate especially when it comes to cosmetics. I mean I get gravitate towards brands like IMAN, Black Radiance, Black Opal, and etc more because I assume these brands have more pigmented makeup products. With intense pigmented makeup products, you can always use a light hand and sheer them out so they can work equally as beautiful on lighter skin tones. Anyways, long story short, I freaking love this tinted balm! For the price and the quality, you just can't beat it. They are on the sheer side, but they are buildable to a richer color pay-off. They have a slight fruity scent, and the texture is a little bit slick. Not greasy, but it's infused with argan oil. Therefore, they have a bit of that slick feeling, but I feel like they make my lips super smooth and soft. I'm comparing this to some higher end tinted lip balms such as Benefit bene balm and Sugar tinted lip balms. Benefit bene balm is on the greasier side, and Sugar tinted lip balms can feel a bit waxy at times. None of them gave me instant smoothness and hydration like this BR one did. Also, this costs only a fraction of the price of those two. Not sure if Wet n' Wild will come up with something similar like this. Maybe they are from the same mother company/manufacture? Either way, I hope these are not limited editions because I really like them. I haven't seen them anywhere else, but if I do, I will definitely pick up some backups:)








Pink the Town - sheer berry pink

Ladylike - sheer deep red

No comments:

Post a Comment