Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Lady Gaga's 2015 Oscar Makeup look

So I filmed this tutorial on the very day of the Oscars, and not knowing what all the celebrities look like. FYI, I didn't watch the award ceremony. It's becoming redundant to me, but I am still more into the beauty and gowns. I saw a picture of Scarlett Johansson back when she first attended the Academy Awards, and you can see the picture below that became my interest of trying to recreate the look.

I added the metallic red lip color from Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Adora on the center of my lips to give that metallic sheen, but I didn't include it in my video because Lady Gaga didn't have that. Gaga also didn't have that warm coppery shade on her lower lash line like Scarlett had as you can see from the picture below comparing with the one on top.


I think Gaga's look is definitely more dramatic and bold with the false lashes and the red lips. Scarlett's look is a lot more fresh and youthful. Gaga has a little less blush on her cheeks. Gaga's pink eyeshadow is also more shimmery, and Scarlett's pink is more matte finish. Also, Gaga's lip color is more glossy and brighter. Both red lips have a nice soft edge, and Gaga's cupid's bow is more defined here. Either way, I liked both, and I think it's a nice day to night look. All you need is a pair of thick lashes and bolder red lip color:)


No comments:

Post a Comment