Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sephora smoky cream liner (waterproof)




Sephora's own smoky cream liner, and they are waterproof. Instead of the usual dark matte black eyeliner, these come in 10 different shades plus soft shimmer. Some are even a little metallic, and allow few seconds to blend/smudge. They retail at Sephora for $10 each, and contain 4.5g of product.


swatches without any base/primer using a fluffy eyeshadow brush
(left to right from picture above, bottom to top from picture on the left)

 Bewitch Me - Metallic deep violet

Statue Bronze - burnish brown with golden shimmer (I've been using this daily as a quick wash over the lids for work)

Made in Manhattan - smokey sapphire with blue shimmer (more of a gunmetal/blue silvery grey color)

Pros: super long lasting, goes on smooth and creamy, super pigmented, affordable, great value, double as cream eyeshadow/eyeshadow base, blend-able, smudge proof, won't crease if used as a cream eyeshadow even without having a primer/base underneath

Cons: very little time to blend/smudge out the color (need to work fast once it's on)

I have been using these with a fluffy eyeshadow brush as a cream shadow. When I don't have time to do makeup in the morning for work, I can just fluff some of this onto my eyelids even without a primer and I'm good to go. I usually need an eye primer because the shadows tend to disappear on my lids through midday, but these stayed on all day without creasing! To intensify the look, I just put a similar powder shadow over. I will be uploading a quick everyday work makeup tutorial by using the color Statue Bronze, so be sure to check that out on my Youtube channel:) http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArtofsign

No comments:

Post a Comment