Saturday, February 4, 2017

Kat Von D Pastel Goth Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette

            I was skeptical about getting this limited edition new Kat Von D Pastel Goth eyeshadow palette because I had bad experience with the matte shadows from the Serpentina palette. However, I was wrong, and I ended up loving this palette. It retails for $38 which is a great price for 8 all matte eyeshadows. I just went on the Sephora website which was where I purchased mine, and I couldn't find this anymore. It's sold out on katvondbeauty.com as well. Not sure if it's already sold out or they might bring it back later in the Spring. I think this is an awesome palette, and it should be permanent. I was actually going to get a backup of this, but looks like it's too late. I apologize for uploading this now when the palette is gone, but let's hope that this will reappear in a later time! 

           This is a nice sturdy cardboard packaging palette much like most of the ones Kat came out with. I love this kind of packaging because it's environmental friendly and compact. There is a mirror inside which is on the narrow side. Not that much helpful but it's there. I can do without the mirror, but that's just me. The design is very Kat like and she always puts her artwork in her makeup line, in case you can't tell. I do appreciate that she came out with a very unique eyeshadow palette. Yes, we see tons and tons of colorful eyeshadow palettes, and they are mostly very vibrant and vivid. Some pack with lots of intensities, and some lackluster. This is a different take on color shadows because these are all pastel shades. A pastel color is pretty much a toned down/watered down/softer version of a color. Sometimes you mix a color with some white base to get that pastel color. These are true to that sense. Each and every color is soft and smooth, but not lack in pigmentation. I was worried that these colors being all matte would be too sheer or chalky. The purple matte shades in previous Kat's palettes were all dry, patchy, and not pigmented. I thought these would be the same, but not so. The two purple shades in this palette are just as smooth as the rest. Most people love the shade "Clementine", and so do I. Honestly, I love all the shades in this palette. I think you can create so many different looks with just this one palette, and still look flattering because these are not the typical "in-your-face" colors. I highly recommend this palette to everyone who loves color, who wants to try color shadows but afraid to, and everyone who loves makeup in general. It's an awesome palette with great colors and good price as well as excellent performance. I had no problem blending and applying these shadows. I didn't experience any fallout. It's super easy to work with, and pretty much foolproof in my opinion. I really wish they can bring back this palette and make it permanent. It's a well rounded eyeshadow palette, and especially for the Spring. 

 


 Your soul may be dark but your makeup doesn’t have to be! This all-new eyeshadow palette of 8 matte pastel shades is Kat’s special shout-out to all the #PastelGoth beauties out there.
Brighten up your eye look with a fresh new take on edgy neutrals. The Pastel Goth Eyeshadow Palette features 8 high-pigment matte pastels in a range of soft tones, from sky blue and lavender to grunge gray.
Each shade is luxuriously silky and blendable, made in KvD’s signature matte eyeshadow formulation we all know and love! Let your imagination run wild—use Pastel Goth to create an endless rainbow of looks, or use as an accent to your Shade+Light Eye Contour Palette.
100% Cruelty Free Forever!
#VeganAlert















No comments:

Post a Comment