Sunday, March 20, 2016

NYX lip lingerie liquid lipsticks in Exotic and Ruffle Trim

I purchased these from CVS during it's buy one get one half off sale. They were $6.99 each. This line of liquid lipsticks are all "nudes" which range from the palest nude to the deepest nude that are suitable for all complexions. I got Ruffle Trim and Exotic because they seem a bit warm toned to me, and I usually gravitates toward warmer nudes. Personally, I think warmer nudes are more suitable for my NC20 skintone. 


Each tube contains 4ml of products which is less than majority of the liquid lipsticks out there. However, the price and the availability of this product make it a nice alternative to a lot of the other liquid lipsticks. You can find these at your local CVS, Target, Ulta, or NYX website.
Ruffle Trim is a warm peachy nude color.


I don't like the applicator though. It's a long skinny plastic spatula type which has no flexibility, and hard to apply.




Exotic is a mid toned rosy nude. I really love this shade!


After initial application.
After they dried down to completely matte finishes. They feel a bit tacky/sticky on the lips which provide longer wear time, but they are not completely transfer free.
I had to compare them to the Kat Von D's Lolita I and Lolita II as well as my favorite NYX soft matte lip cream in Cannes. The two swatches on the left side of the picture are the very first batch/original KVD Lolita I and the newest Lolita II. Although they are quite similar, you can see the differences. The top swatch on the right side of the picture is NYX soft matte lip cream in Cannes. This is the very first lip product I've ever finished, and bought a second tube. It's not completely matte, but rather satin finish on the lips, and it's much brighter and pinker than the two NYX lingerie liquid lipsticks below. I'm sure I have some other dupes to these two colors, and I will have a separate blog dedicate to all the nude liquid lipsticks in my collection for comparisons.
Overall, I think these NYX lingerie liquid lipsticks are very affordable and readily available for purchase for everyone. They don't feel super dry on the lips, but are one of the dryer formulas out there. They are pretty long wearing, and almost transfer free. They don't have a scent, and the texture is more of a cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment